J ZYK ANGIELSKI
SESJA WIOSENNA SZKOLA
Loch Ness is a very beautiful lake in the north of
Scotland. The lake is in the beautiful surroundings. Wild,
picturesque mountains, forests and vast moors are in its
neighbourhood. It is 36 km long, 2 km wide and very, very
deep. It isn't as deep as Tanganyika or Bajkal Lake, but it is
one of the deepest lakes in the world. It is even deeper than
the Baltic Sea. It may reach the depth of about 300 metres.
The word "loch" means lake in old Scottish language.
There is a popular legend about a monster that lives in Loch
Ness. Its name is Nessie. The Scots say that she is very big,
and she has got a long neck, like a snake. But does Nessie
really exist? Scientists are exploring the lake with special
equipment but they haven't solved the mystery of Loch
Ness yet. The legend of the monster is very famous and
thousands tourists from all over the world come to
Inverness, the nearest town, to make an expedition to Loch
Ness and they hope to be the first to see Nessie.
1. ........... has seen Nessie so far.
c) A scientist
d) One of tourists
2. Loch Ness is .................... Lake Tanganyika.
b) not as deep as
a) deeper than
c) as deep as
d) more shallow
3. You can see ................ not far from Loch Ness.
4. In which part of Scotland is Loch Ness situated?
8. Co powiesz, gdy nie us³ysza³eœ/us³ysza³aœ
dok³adnie, co powiedzia³ twój rozmówca?
a) I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch you.
b) I didn't listen to you.
c) Could you say it again, please?
d) I don't know what you have said.
9. What will you say when your friend takes an
a) Do your best!
c) Good luck!
d) Be happy!
10. Zgubi³aœ zielony, jedwabny szalik w ró¿owe
paski. Uzupe³nij rozmowê,
A: I have lost my favourite scarf.
B: What's it like?
a) It's a green silk scarf with pink stars on it.
b) It's a green silk scarf with pink stripes on it.
c) It's a green cotton scarf with pink shapes on it.
d) It's a green nylon scarf with pink stars on it.
11. Jak zapytasz o cenê kalkulatora, który ci siê
a) How much does this calculator cost?
b) How many moneys does this calculator cost?
c) How many do I pay for this calculator?
d) How much is this calculator?
12. Is your best friend a ......... student than you?
13. How can you say this mathematical calculation?
5. The Loch Ness monster can be similar to ..................
13 + 46 = 59
b) a hippo
a) a crocodile
a) thirteen plus forty-six equals fifty-nine
c) a giraffe
d) an elephant
b) thirteen and forty-six is fifty-nine
c) thirteen plus forty-six is fifty-nine
II. COMMUNICATION ACTIVITY
d) thirty and forty-six equals fifty-nine
6. A: ...................................
B: Thanks a lot. It's very kind of you.
a) Will I help you to do your Maths homework?
b) Do you like to help with Maths homework?
c) Shall I help you to do your Maths homework?
d) Would you like my help with your Maths homework?
14. When you have a headache and a sore throat,
your nose is runny, you have a cough and a
fever, it means you have .............
c) food poisoning
7. Would you like an apple?
b) No, thanks.
a) I like pears.
c) Yes, I would like.
d) Yes, please.
15. What time is it?
a) It's thirty-five past seven.
b) It's twenty-five to seven.
c) It's seven thirty-five.
d) It's twenty-five to eight.
16. There are eleven countries hidden ( and ) in the
wordsearch. Find and circle them Which countries
cannot you find?
22. Which verbs are in the past form? (Które
czasowniki s¹ w czasie przesz³ym?)
come - caught - wrote - eat - give - lose - take - put
23. Adam Ma³ysz was very good at the ski jumping
competition. He was the ............. . Only Andreas
Küttel and Thomas Morgenstern were better.
24. My parents (1) ........... out after dinner and they
(2) ........... back.
a) (1) went; (2) just came
b) (1) went; (2) have just come
c) (1) have gone; (2) has just came
d) (1) went; (2) have just came
17. Which expressions describe appearance?
a) Her eyes are green and her hair is brown.
b) She's got long, curly hair.
c) She's nice and polite.
d) She's bossy and lazy.
18. Do the crossword "Means of transport" and find
The solution means:
21. Put the right articles.
I was alone at (1) ....... home when, at five o'clock in
(2) ....... morning, I heard (3) ....... strange noise in
(4) ...... kitchen.
a) (1) - ; (2) the; (3) a; (4) the b) (1) the; (2) a; (2) -; (4) a
c) (1) a; (2) the; (2) a; (4) the d) (1) - ; (2) a; (2) the; (4) a
19. Choose the odd words. (Wybierz s³owa, które nie
pasuj¹ do pozosta³ych.)
1. sleigh, skates, rollerblade, battery
2. baker's, television, department store, supermarket
3. heel, rain, snow, hail
a) sleigh, department store, hail
b) battery, television, hail
c) battery, television, heel
d) skates, department store, hail
20. Mum, what do you want ................ to do?
25. A: Did you buy (1) ............. at the shops?
B: No, (2) .................. . I didn't have any money.
a) (1) anything; (2) nothing
b) (1) something; (2) anything
c) (1) nothing; (2) anything
d) (1) anything; (2) something
26. Two (1) .......... and three (2) .......... are eating
cheese under the table.
a) (1) mouses; (2) gooses
b) (1) mice; (2) gooses
c) (1) mice; (2) geese
d) (1) mouses; (2) geeses
27.You (1) ........... go to the cinema with Mary. You
(2) ........... do your homework at home.
a) (1) can't; (2) must
b) (1) should; (2) can to
c) (1) can't; (2) should
d) (1) cannot; (2) must
28. We (1) ............... the Tower of London (2) ..............
a) (1) haven't seen; (2) yet.
b) (1) are going to see; (2) this summer holidays.
c) (1) didn't visit; (2) last year.
d) (1) visit; (2) every two years.
29. The boy is (1) ....... than the girl. He isn't (2) ...... her.
a) (1) fatter; (2) as tall as
b) (1) fatter; (2) taller than
c) (1) thinner; (2) as tall as
d) (1) much fatter; (2) as tall as
30. What are you doing tonight?
a) Perhaps I meet my friends in the club.
b) I'm going to see a play in the theatre.
c) I'm visiting my grandfather in the hospital.
d) I help my sister with her homework.